Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Love Cupcakes...

...all sparkley and ready to be hung on a package or string...

... or lined up in a column of felty goodness for all to see...

... and crocheting a cupcake? I could never resist! 

When I found this potholder pattern a couple weeks ago on Ravelry, I nearly fell over with happiness. I must confess that it is several inches larger than I had anticipated when first starting out which makes it a little unwieldy unless folded over for use. Also, my edge stitches must have gotten tighter than my central stitches because the finished product poofs and waves a bit more than I would like. All in all, I still really enjoyed creating this cupcake potholder. If you are interested in this adorable pattern, go for a look-see over here

Happy Crocheting!


5 comments:

  1. I love the cupcake!! Great job! Have a nice week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the potholder! So cute! C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cupcakes. Especially the sparkly ones! How is the wedding planning? Hope all is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedding planning is coming along fabulously, Sara. Thanks for asking! John and I just met with our amazingly talented videographer last night. We are both so excited to see the finished product! I will be posting some more wedding projects soon, so stay tuned ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your crocheted cupcake, really beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings