Monday, August 29, 2011

What I love about...









... my bathroom! 
This is one room where I let my Shabby Chic inklings take control. John is a sweet and highly tolerant hubby, but too much froo-froo and he puts his foot down. Thus, I have kept the main floor bolder color schemes. However... the upstairs is pretty much my own domain. The Rachel Ashwell shower curtain from Target really set the whole tone for the room. Then,the accessories just fell happily into place from there. The second best thing I did for this space was hang a white lace panel in place of the old, heavy brown one. Instant light cascaded into the room. Privacy isn't an issue since there was all ready mottled glass in place for the second story room. Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my home. As the nesting process continues, I hope to share more rooms in future.

Till then, happy nesting! 
 

12 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty bathroom! I think we have very similar tastes, but my husband says the same thing. I have warm, rich colors in the living spaces and more cool, serene colors and frilly things in the bedroom and bathroom. It's a perfect fit for us! I'm your newest follower!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my cozy kitchen. I love making new friends. :)

    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your bathroom! My husband also puts his foot down on anything too girlie. But we always manage to find a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh--I LOVE your pretty bathroom too.

    I usually let my husband call most of the shots around here. However, when we added on a master bathroom, I won the tub decision. I wanted a claw foot; he wanted a stand up shower with whirlpool type tub. I got the claw foot! Much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty bathroom you have. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I thought I was looking at pages out of a magazine (I have magazine pages on the brain, however). It's great to have a room where you can be thoroughly feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must be the most gorgeous shower curtain with knobs that I have ever seen!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty...just love the colour scheme
    jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI AURORA,
    YOUR BATHROOM IS LOVELY, AND I LOVE THE COLOR. YOU HAVE GREAT IDEAS. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shabby chic! I wish my husband was up for a shabby chic house! :) I just have pops of it here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. where did you get those turquoise knobs as shower curtain hooks? i am also on Pinterest but I will check your blog from time to time to see if there is an answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth! So sorry not to reply until now. I got them years ago at a Meijer. Probably 15 years ago now.

      Delete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings