Friday, September 16, 2011

Introducing...

 






... Miss Lucy Cat!

I had originally been quite adamant upon our marriage that our home would be a pet-free haven. I have allergies and very little tolerance for cleaning up after pets.

However

9 weeks of marriage can change original opinions drastically. Especially when one's husband works 2nd shift. I quickly realized I needed a furry little companion to cuddle up with when the evenings seemed long, lonely, and sometimes a bit creepy. 

Thankfully, hubby is especially fond of cats and it didn't take much to convince him of our need to adopt a new member into our family. So off to the animal shelter we went! 

Lucy was just waiting for us. We found her sweet grey and white self in one of the lower crates towards the far end of the room. We had been there awhile and almost determined that we would just come back in a few weeks when her crate caught my eye. Upon taking her out of the crate, Lucy immediately placed a paw on either side of my neck sweetly burrowing into me. That was it. I was smitten!

Two weeks later and we cannot imagine our home without Lucy. She brings an added dimension of love, joy, and entertainment into our home. As you can see by her pictures, she is quite the playful cat. Lucy was so fascinated by my camera's wrist strap, it was hard to get a picture of her. She kept lunging at me as I tried to snap some photos. I look forward to featuring our darling Lucy on many a future post. Her antics keep us in stitches!

Until then, happy day to all you dear readers! 
May you find love and joy in full abundance!


13 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and for your sweet comments! Your blog is cute and I love your cat! I can't imagine life without a cat! (I have two.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thankyou also for visiting my blog too and for your comments , your cat is so sweet its gorgeous and your blog is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a comment on my blanket. It looks like you have a lovely little companion to cuddle with while your hubby is working second shift. Hobby lobby has some different yarns, but in general I wouldn't make the 40 minute trip just for it. Although, I've heard good things about the Hobby Lobby I love this Cotton yarn. Maybe when it is on sale for half off it would be worth the trip!
    Have a great weekend,
    xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs and cats from shelters I am convinvced are just the sweetest natured loving pets. We got our Max from a shelter too.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww what a darling little girl she is! I can so see why you are smitten. A house isn't a home without a kitty cat I don't think. Lucy is gorgeous x

    Thank you ever so much for your lovely kind comment on my blog, it really does mean a lot to me x

    Have a lovely weekend x

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new addition to your family. My friend and hairdresser adopted a cat a couple of years ago and named her Lucy Lou. She never thought she would have a pet either but is happy now that she took in Lucy since her husband works the graveyard shift and she is often home alone. Enjoy the company! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE HAVE TWO CATS IN OUR HOME....ALEX AND EMMA
    AND WE JUST LOVE THEM, THEY ARE ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD.
    THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A PET TO KEEP YOU COMPANY, AND LISTEN TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WHEN YOU WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE, AND THEY NEVER GIVE YOU ANY BACK TALK. LUCY IS A VERY LUCKY KITTY. RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is absolutely gorgeous - what a little sweetie pie! I definitely know how you feel at the moment - we are all totally smitten with Gerard too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Lucy! She is a doll. :) I am sure she has fast become a great companion. I couldn't imagine life without my kitties. ;)

    Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww... She's adorable! Can't imagine not having a few four legged friends around. Just got a new puppy this week at the Tangled Happy household. I am head over heals in love with this little guy. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeep! I love my cat too!
    He's called Dennis and is about a gazillion times fatter that your sweet little Lucy!!
    I really do feel that a house is a home with a cat's warm purrrrrrrrr!
    Enjoy.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well hello to Lucy!! What a beautifull kitty she is :) My husband and I are most definitely cat people but with 5 little boys running around it wouldn't be fair :(.... maybe when the boys are older and less excitable we could have one :)

    Thank you for popping into my little space to leave a comment... My husband and I made an apple pie in my new pie dish at the weekend but it didn't turn out quite how I'd planned - delicious but a little burnt around the edges :( Maybe I need to borrow your red one?? hehe xx

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings