Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recovering Nicely

 John is doing better than expected after his oral surgery yesterday. Thank you to all who sent prayers our way. Despite some swelling and pain, he is doing really well. I have to say, he is being a much better patient than I would be had the roles been reversed. Of course, watching football seems to have the amazing ability to cause men to forget most earthly things ... even their pain.

I couldn't resist buying John his favorite candy yesterday as a something-to-look-forward-to-once-you've-recovered treat.  Looks rather adorable in this orange, polka-dotted, miniature casserole dish. Adds a pleasantly festive pop against our black bookshelves in the den. 




In other news, I am nearly finished with my first attempt at crocheting a purse. It is for my cousin. She loves bright colors. I have to admit I am rather proud of myself as this is the most daring scheme of color and texture I have ever put together on my own. If nothing else, Lucy seems to be quite the fan of this project. I look forward to sharing the completed project with you soon.

The days have been deepy-dark grey here inviting one to hibernate lazily on the couch. We may even get a wintry mix of snow and rain later this evening... and its only October 1st! I am so excited to catch a glimpse of snow, but most of my fellow Ohioans are staunchly against this prospect. Guess I am a bit of a loon when it comes to the white flaky substance. Always have been and always will. My idea of heaven would be to one day own a snowy, Montana mountain retreat.

May your weekend be lovely in every way! 
(and may snow come my way soon)


6 comments:

  1. Wow, your purse looks lovely, the colours and bobbles are gorgeous, your cousin is very lucky indeed.

    Those sweets look yummy too, glad John is feeling alright and hope he can enjoy his sweets sooner than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore how the purse is coming out =) and I love that casserole dish, but even more, the candy in it! Xoxoxo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your purse, the colours are so pretty, your cousin will be thrilled.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your hubby's surgery ordeal is over. That is such a cool purse. very lovely!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooow thats very sweet.I like it.

    Thank you so match for your coment.


    Greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the look of that bag- it looks stunning!
    Hope the Mister's well on the mend now. (sweets do usually help, don't they?!!)
    have a great week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings