Sunday, December 18, 2011

Whooooo!




After admiring similar patterns for a very long time, I finally got on Ravelry and tried one. Won't my 2 year old niece, Alice, look adorable? The pattern was surprisingly a breeze to do. I had dreaded making the ear flaps and top tassels, but they ended up being quite simple. This pattern was such a delight, I would definitely like to make it again. Just imagine all the fun color combos waiting to be tried!




In other news, I am very grateful to the lovely Nicole of the fabulous blog Nicole and the Bee for nominating me for a Liebster! I am so touched and very eager to share the love. So, after careful consideration of the blogs I love and who meet the criteria (are fairly new and have only 200 followers or less), I have chosen the following five:

2). Karen of My Four Lil Girls
3). Kylie of Blue Teacups
4). Kristen of Cozy Things
5). Tracie of CroCreations

Be sure to congratulate these ladies by heading over to their beautiful and inspiring blogs. They will be doubly blessed if you should decide to become a follower. ;-) 

May the winds of creativity blow your way today!

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, my friend! Your owl hat is super-cute! I love the colors very much, Alice will be thrilled for sure! Thanks for sharing the pattern link! Congrats on your another award, your blog is definitely amazing and deserves any award! Also congratulations five ladies you have passed it on and I will surely check them out!
    Have a happy new week ahead and Happy Holidays!
    Best wishes, LS xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so much! I'm proud to be in such creative company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece will certainly look adorable in this hat - it's very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these little owl hats. You picked some great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl hat is so cute. Congrats on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the most adorable hat I've seen in ages! I will head over and check out that pattern immediately!! Congrats on your award and thank you so very much for passing it on to me - I'm chuffed to bits!! Have a wonderful week hon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your owl hat looks great! Aren't they fun to make? The finished product looks so great it makes then fun to make. Congrats on your blog award!
    xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you i am so thrilled for this
    Lol Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hat is so cute!! I need to make some for my girls :-)

    Well done on the blog award, well deserved! Off to look at the blogs you have nominated.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute! :o)
    Sweet little Alice
    will look so precious
    in her new owl hat.
    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Owl hat is just simply adorable! I am sure your niece is going to love it :)
    Congrats on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute hat! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too cute!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that owl hat is so sweet. I am really into OWLS lately, as they remind me of my daughter who is working on her Ph.D. right now. Merry Christmas!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh thank you so much for the blog award. I've been so busy with Christmas prep that I have neglected blog land a bit lately. Have a wonderful Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings