Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Project



It is nearly that time of year... VALENTINE'S DAY 
Since it will be mine and John's first one together as husband and wife, I wanted to find ways to make it extra special. One way I am doing this is by outfitting our home with plenty of homemade love!

So, once again, I looked to see what I might have on hand.  
And let me tell you. 
A handmade wedding really leaves the bride 
with a lot of creative resources after the fact!

I took just a few of the silver squares used to harbor tealights on the reception tables and transformed them into a fridge saying. After attaching one heavy-duty round magnet to the back of each silver square via the crafter's best friend (a hot glue gun), I then did likewise to the front with an assortment of shiny red and hot pink chip board letters retrieved from my scrapbook stash. 



 










This was a very cheap project since the chipboard letters were purchased years ago in bulk from the $1.99 bin of our local Archiver's store. The silver squares cost less than a penny a piece at Pat Catan's when bought in a 12 pack. The heavy-duty magnets were the most expensive item. If I remember correctly, I paid around $8.00 for a 40 pack at Walmart. Enough blathering from me, though.  

Go out there and do something creative today!

4 comments:

  1. What lovely Valentines day magnets..what a great idea! I hope you have a very Happy Valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! VERY PRETTY...WHAT A NICE JOB YOU DID......ISN'T IT GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE THINGS AT HOME TO USE.......HAVE A NICE WEEKEND....RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great project! I love it!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back in blogland with all your craftiness!!!

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings