Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Scrapbook of Poetry


Several weeks ago, my sister and I got together 
for an evening of paper-crafting fun. 


 First, we used the Bartleby website in order to locate poems by our favorite poets. I had previously made a scrapbook of Emily Dickinson's poems, so this time I focused on William Wordsworth. I had noticed Jan Karon quoting him quite frequently throughout the Mitford series and thus was eager to read more of his works. My little sis chose Elizabeth Barrett Browning's works for her scrapbook's focus. 


This is a fun, easy project that comes together rather quickly. The longest part was reading through the poems to decide which ones to print, but having previously performed that step of the process, the actual evening of paper crafting was a very simple and rewarding activity. Definitely a night to remember.  Made the finished book so much more meaningful since it has the memory of working together with my sister attached to it ~ our laughter, our joking, and even our uninspired staring as we supposed how we should embellish the next page. I am looking forward to doing more scrapbooks like this over the summer.

Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Play dates with creative sisters or friends is always a blessing.
    Your book cover is absolutely charming!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and such a fun project!! Love the pretty tape and details!! Have a beautiful weekend!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of compiling favorite poems into a crafty piece and the red tulips you have are just beautiful! Wishing you a lovely Sunday! Xo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books are beautiful sweetie and something to treasure for years to come! I am so glad you and your sister had such fun creating them! I love William Wordsworth and Jan Karon's books! Beautiful photos too! xo~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA.....THEY ARE JUST LOVELY.......I WOULD LOVE DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT......HAVE A GREAT WEEK.....RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea for a papercraft project! Very inspiring!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,just popped over from Sweet Paulas blog and thought I'd say hello.I love the books you've made,I enjoy making scrapbooks too. I love your crochet,I have to admit to being a crochet addict myself!
    Looking forward to reading more of your lovely blog,have a great day,lots of love,juliexoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out so beautifully!! What a lovely project to complete right now and enjoy in the years ahead! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. These poetry books are inspirational! What a lovely project that you can enjoy creating now and perusing their beauty in the years ahead, always with the sweet memory of your sister attached! Love it!! XO

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings