Friday, June 1, 2012

Blackberry Apple Cobbler


If you are like me, I find that most cobbler recipes do not have enough of the yummy, crummy goodness of the biscuit to suit my fancy. Yes, the fruity filling is good. But give me a large hunk of sweet bread and a mountain of ice cream to melt down it all like a giant,  white Vesuvius erupting in my bowl and I am one happy gal!  If you agree with me on these very important cobbler points, then read on to discover a simple cobbler that meets all of these requirements. 


Ingredients:
2 pints of blackberries
4 small apples peeled and sliced (I used 2 green and 2 red)
1 1/3- 1 ½ cups sugar (depending on your sweet tooth preference)
1/3 c flour
2 tubes of Kroger refrigerator biscuits 
(the ones that are 2 for a dollar)
Butter

 Directions:
1 – Preheat oven to 350 F.

2 – Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch round pan.

3 – Open one of the refrigerator biscuit tubes and evenly distribute around the bottom of the pan, pressing and shaping the dough until the pan's base is mostly covered.

4 – Stick pan in the oven for next 7-ish minutes.

5 - Wash, core, peel, and slice the apples.

6 – Rinse the blackberries.

7 – Dump sugar and flour into a large bowl and sift together.

8 – Toss blackberries and apple slices into the sifted mixture until well coated.

9 – Pour fruit mixture into the pan over the slightly baked biscuit crust.

10 – Stretch second tube of biscuit dough over the top of the fruit mixture. It won’t cover perfectly, but that is okay as they puff as they bake.

11 – Skim several thin pats of butter and place evenly atop the biscuits.

12 – Sprinkle sugar all over the top.

13 – Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes.

14 – Cool for 5 minutes then serve with heaps of vanilla ice cream.


Delish!


9 comments:

  1. Yummy! I have never tried a cobbler before, but I have made fruit crisps (with a oaty topping). Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm - looks delicious. Have a good day today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....this looks delicious...definitely one for my 'to-do' list!
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely recipe,
    Hope you have a happy Jubilee weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a blackberry cobbler the other day and had leftovers this afternoon. Yum, yum, yum! Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be trying this recipe this weekend!!!!! Wishing you a lovely day! Xo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! It looks delicious. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious!! I will have to give the recipe a try! I just made strawberry and rosemary scones, and they were really good!! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuuummmy!!! My mouth is seriously watering, I've been craving blackberry cobbler and have never thought to include apples! Beautiful picture, too. I'm excited to get back in the blogging world now that we've moved and are beginning to get settled. I've missed reading your posts! You seem like someone I'd be good friends with. :)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so amazing! I will definitely be trying it myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe. xx Laura

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings