Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Scripture



Recent Bible readings introduced me to a woman who resided in the city of Tekoa. This wise lady shared some mighty words of truth with King David at a time when he was having trouble reconciling 
with his wayward son Absalom. 

"But God does not just sweep life away; instead, he devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from him." {2nd Samuel 14:14b NLT} 

These words both pricked my heart and comforted it. God values each life - mine, yours, as well as the stranger we pass on the street. He is a relentless pursuer of His children. There is no place we go so far that could ever be past His reach. There are friends and family who I worry over, but that worry is quite needless. I know that God is faithfully watching over each person I have placed into His vigilant care. He doesn't "sweep" any one away as worthless rubbish. God wants to restore all our broken relationships that we can be in perfect accord with Him and His will for our lives. Likewise, I always need to be ready and honest in my communication with others ~ ready to forgive my neighbor and honest enough with myself to know when I must ask to be forgiven. 

Oh, the comforting lessons shared on a quiet morning over a bowl of cereal with my journal, my Bible, and an open heart . 

May such blessed times of tranquility come to you daily!