Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Before & After with a Kitchen Sneaky Peak







How do you like my pink chair? The color is watermelon from the Krylon family of spray paints. I crocheted the stool cover from the pattern in Nicki Trench's book Cute and Easy Crochet - a book which has been popularly circulating the blogosphere and for good reason. The title perfectly encompasses the patterns that fill this delightful book.  



You can see from the before pictures above that there was nothing wrong with the chair. It was a great buy - only $4 instead of $84. However, I wanted to happify it for my kitchen redo. 



Hubby was a little sad to see the brown and cream go bye-bye, but Lucy whole-heartedly approves. As a matter of fact, she seems to think that this chair was made for her own especial benefit. I was going to sew the crocheted cover onto the stool, but Mimsie had the good suggestion to leave it as is so I could easily remove it for washing. Glad I followed her advice! Little One loves leaving her fur all over this piece, so it is wonderful to be able to simply toss it in the wash without a thought. 


I just love how the light illuminated the bright whiteness of her whiskers. Oh, the simple joys of life!

May you, dear friend, find many simple pleasures along the path of your life today and always!

19 comments:

  1. Oh, it is beautiful!! Love it and how sweet is your kitty!! Great photos!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitchen stool makeover- such a pretty colour. And the crocheted cushion is just perfect for it, too. (good idea to keep it removable, I reckon).
    Have a super day.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitties always think new seating is just for them. The chair looks great and I love the crocheted cover. Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that chair - the cushion cover matches the color perfectly. It's very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic makeover!! It is adorable! And I love that book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that chair! and the spray paint too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaaaayyyyyy too cute, I love it
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with this pink chair!
    You did a great job.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great shade of pink! Can't wait to see the rest of the "new" kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a Purrfect 'Lucy' Chair and I should know. All brown chairs should become pink and adorned with crochet everyone knows that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sweet pink stool and your kitty Lucy (she's pretty sweet too).

    xo,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello K!

    Very sweet transformation ~ pretty pink and lovely crochet cover.

    Sweet place you have here too. I have enjoyed stopping by to visit!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Aurora! It cheers me just to see it! Happy new school year, and thanks for sharing the affirmative verse on Sunday, too! Your posts are beautiful..." the cat's whiskers" :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colour as much as Lucy does lol, they will certainly let you know if it is comfy or not hey? lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it so much! What a total transformation - you must be thrilled to bits. And Lucy has given her stamp of approval so that's perfect!

    Have a fabulous weekend hon. I'm in huge catch up mode - I have missed visiting all my favourite blogs recently.

    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun colour and a cheerful cushion!

    Does Lucy's middle name happen to be Maud? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kitty looks like she loves it! Have a beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful chair! Love what you did with it, and the cute little kitten, just added the right touch :), Thankyou for your lovely comments on my blog as well, it's been a pleasure getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings