Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Lucy Day!


 Hard to believe that a year ago today, we brought our baby 
home from the animal shelter.  


 Hubby knew he wanted a grey cat. I knew I wanted a short haired one.

 But most of all, we wanted a cat to snuggle 
and love and give a good home.

Lucy is a cat of many moods ~ 
sometimes cuddly, sometimes playful, sometimes wild.

 No matter the mood, we know she is our kitten cat. 
To love and nurture and make our house a home. 

 After I scooped her out of her shelter crate and held her to my heart, I knew she was mine. Lucy instantly wrapped her two sweet paws around my neck and claimed me as her mama.

The shelter didn't have her actual birth date on record, but we choose to celebrate this day as her Homecoming Day. So glad she came home with us! Now, she is queen of our castle (and we but her humble servants). There is never a day she doesn't bring us a chuckle. 

We love you, Lucy Cat!


What is your lovable pet story?

10 comments:

  1. Lucy is the sweetest!! I look forward to having cats once we move into a house!! Happy Monday! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Homecoming/making, Lucy! Celebrating your life with your Humble Servants :)
    xxx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful cat! She looks like she is happy and content where she is at! Very sweet idea to give her a nice loving home! Hope you have a wonderful week! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so sweet! Happy Lucy Day to her! We have a one year old kitten/cat. He is a complete rascal with moments of sweetness, Haha!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does look very cuddly and lovable. I miss having cats - after our last two died I found I was allergic to them and couldn't get any more. Happy Homecoming Day to your Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have to join in and celebrate 'Happy Lucy Day'. She is adorable. I once adopted a senior Tabby Cat many moons ago. He was such a charmer in the shelter I fell for him straight away. He was a lovely character and it was great to give him a loving home. Lucy is a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah! What a sweet post! Lovely photos - and they show your kitty is full of character! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hon this is the sweetest post! Lucy is such a gorgeous girl and I'm sure she is spoilt rotten like all fur-babies should be! My dear friend lost her cat due to illness recently and it has broken my heart too. Our cats were only 6 weeks apart in age and we used to all live together before we met our respective husbands. Too, too sad. I am thankful every morning when Bella (all 5kgs of her) stands on my chest in the hope I will wake early and feed her!! I treasure every head-bunt, every smooch and I won't ever grizzle again if she throws up on the carpet!!! At least I have her in my life.

    Give Lucy a big old smooch from me and Bella!
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy is so pretty and so lucky to have you two as her family. :) Hope your week is great. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet sweet Lucy! She is a doll. I am sure she makes your home feel even homier. :)

    I have 2 cats. Both were rescued. My cat Tex I adopted from a friend when he was only 5 weeks old. He's always been the baby. Now at almost 9 he is my best buddy. My other cat Harry I rescued off of craigslist 9 years ago. I can hardly believe it. He's a rascal but has the best personality. I got both my cats when I was living in California and we have been through so much together. I can't imagine life without them!

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings