Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Come & Gone




It was a full yet merry Christmas season for us.




Added some new pops of color to the traditional Christmas mix. My hubby was far more gracious about the appearance of this brightly pink mini tree than I thought he would be. *sigh of relief*




A sense of nostalgia always envelopes me when I hang up the stocking my mother embellished 27 years ago in honor of my very first Christmas (hence why the white fur edging has gone a little grey).




It was a mad dash to get all the presents wrapped. Normally, I wrap them early so as to enjoy seeing the parcels all snugged up under the tree in sweet anticipation of the big day. Not so this year. Hubby and I had a hurried afternoon wrapping marathon last Sunday. We were so relieved to have it all done in the nick of time!




Lucy Cat was a big fan of the Christmas decorations sniffing, exploring, and cuddling in among them.




I was thankful for a snow day last Friday as if afforded me that one extra day to get caught up on all the finishing touches I had fallen so far behind on this year.




I streamed this holiday classic on my iPad whilst signing Christmas cards in bed one evening. When Mr. Crosby's deep voice began to sing, Lucy Cat sat real close to the screen and pretty soon she started rolling and purring among the blankets. I believe she is a very big fan of Bing's vocal talents. Certainly gave me a tickle to watch her!




The baking was done with barely a moment to spare. I do believe the candy-themed kitchen decorations are among my very favorite in our whole house as they always bring a smile to my heart even in the most harried moments of this busy season.




Despite a rush to meet a baking deadline, I did take a little time to play around and enjoy my creations. Not very well decorated cupcakes, I must admit, but stick one on a cute cupcake sled and the sloppy red drizzles no longer seem to matter as much ;-)




Quiet cups of stolen time were one of my chief delights this year. Time to pause, catch my breath, and make a game plan for how to best tackle the rest of my ever-growing to-do list. I also used these moments to sneak in some extra time on Instagram or in reading some of my Christmas magazines inevitably thumbing down a new idea. The majority of these inspired pages ended up having to be saved for Christmas 2013....




Yesterday, I awoke to this beautiful scene of snowbound goodness. I was sad that my annual day-after-Christmas shopping spree with Mimsie was postponed, but ended up reveling in a day of softly falling peace, playing with my new goodies, and tucking away the myriad of ribbons, bows, bags, and wrapping boxes for next year.

All in all, it was a lovely holiday. I am so thankful for the nearness of friends and family. So much to treasure for many years to come!

Hoping your holiday was beautiful and that your 2013 will shine with God's goodness and mercy.






11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a lovely Christmas. You certainly made it all look very beautiful.

    The stocking your mum made is such a lovely thing to keep. My kids kept the same stockings, year after year. It's the little traditions that make Christmas special.

    Funny, I put on old Christmas movies when I'm wrapping too.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did come and go and very quickly! Looks like you had a very nice Christmas. Love that kitty is a Bing fan. So cute. I love that cute ceramic muffin pan!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me this year, I saw sliding into the finish line without a minute to spare...But I got it all done! and enjoyed myself. I love that Lucy loves Bing LOL!

    Happy New Year!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard from so many this year that they felt much more behind-hand than usual for Christmas. It was certainly true for me - I was still sewing the last gifts on Christmas morning barely an hour before the recipients arrived!

    The pink tree is adorable and perfectly suits the kitchen colour scheme. Lucy looks very well amongst the all the red and white, and how fun that she loves Bing Crosby's voice. Something to do with harmonics, perhaps?

    So glad you all had a wonderful Christmas and some snow to top it off. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hon what a beautiful post! I was enjoying every photo and then to see the snowy scene at the end was just amazing. That is such a traditional Christmas image in my mind but alas we are in the heat of summer here so no snowflakes for us. We had such a hot Christmas Day this year, the children couldn't get to sleep in the evening and we were all completely wiped out the next day.

    Happy New Year to you - see you again soon.
    Leah
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to visit with you again, Aurora! I enjoyed viewing your lovely photos and especially appreciated your description of Lucy Cat's appreciation of Bing's vocal talent :) Blessings to you and yours now and in 2013
    xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures to get me back into that joyful Christmas spirit! I really love your decor so much, and your home look incredibly inviting! The picture of the snow outside looks like one out of a book, and White Christmas is one of my favorite movies!!!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas you had! Thanks for sharing the images and cheer. White Christmas is one of my very favorite Christmas movies too. Lucy and I have that in common! We have snow here too in New York state, and it feels just right for Christmas. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful decorations in your home. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Your pictures are so pretty. Lucky girl to have snow.
    May you have a Blessed New Year.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to see that you posted again and that you had a most wonderful holiday. Most everything I had planned will have to wait until 2013, too. Wishing you and yours many blessings in 2013. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a cipcake sled before, it looks brill and so lucky to have snow at Christmas, we've had incessant rain for days

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings