Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Wedding Shower Gift

I had such fun making these dishcloths for a dear friend and his fiance. It was especially thrilling to know that this lovely young lady adores vintage and handmade goods ~ somehow makes the work more rewarding that way.  

 For the multi-colored cloths, I just made simple squares of double crochet. For the white cloths, I made squares of single crochet and then trimmed them out in an aqua scallop (sc/hdc/sc then slip stitch into the next second stitch. Repeat)

 I finished off by tying the bundle of five together with a pretty Shabby Chic tag, then tucked these treasures into a bag with some Bath & Body kitchen soaps and a yummy candle. 

What is your go-to handmade wedding shower gift?

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! What a lovely idea.I'll have to remember that the next time I'm invited to a wedding shower. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Aurora que lindo regalo cuando es hecho a mano tan artesanal no hay nada que iguale ese detalle siempre viene con su cuota de amor y por demás original que alegría para la pareja besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the Sunday Scripture, photos of your treasured quilt, happy hearts, and the pretty dishcloths you made as a gift! There is so much for which to give thanks with a grateful heart, isn't there :-) I like to make knitted dishcloths as gifts, but I love your crocheted designs. I just made my first crocheted dishcloth...in a heart shape two weeks ago. The Creator, creation itself, and creative folks like you who share their creativity inspire me, Aurora :-)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and I love the colors!! Handmade is the best! Have a wonderful day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and loving gift. And they'll last for years! :)

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings