Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lately....

I've been playing around with crochet motifs.

Thanks in large part to this marvelous book by Edie Eckman. I love how she peppers this beautifully printed, spiral-bound book with wisdom only a crocheter of great experience and a proper attention to detail could fully understand. Better yet, Ms. Eckman has the amazing ability to also convey her knowledge in a very clear, easy to read manner. 

I am still playing around with color schemes and that most dreaded word... gauge!

This one brings me happy thoughts of Christmas time.

While this one just makes me laugh! I am partial to evenings filled with the warm glow of candles and the enchantment of twinkle lights. Others have chided me that I should crochet with better lighting, but I always retort that my eyes can see quite fine. I am eating humble pie now, though. Imagine how startled I was to pull this motif out of my basket and realize that it had been worked in palest pink and antique beige as opposed to the palest pink and soft lavender I had thought I had been fingering the night before!