Last Sunday afternoon was gloomy and rainy, so I decided to undertake a project that would bring some cheer to this otherwise drab cork board.
I started by trimming a fat quarter up the sides with pinking shears. It was a bit short on one side, so I filled in the gap with lace from an old curtain tieback. Without a staple gun, I opted to secure the fabric with clear pushpins spaced roughly every two fingertip widths apart. The clear heads catch the light like little crystals framing the board, so I am rather glad now not to have had the stapler.
As always, I have a million tiny projects in the works. Looking forward to sharing more soon. In the meantime...