Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wedding Broaches

 Six hand-sewn broaches for a very special day.

                            satin + organza =       circles of loveliness                                                                          
                                                               One at a time, fold satin circles into quarters and sew one on top of the other until desired fullness of rosette is reached. Place one whole unfolded organza circle on top and center a bauble in the middle of the rosette. Secure organza layer by sewing bauble through the core of the rosette. Affix a broach pin on back.  

Then come the wrappings...


A happy day to you!


10 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I made little flowers like your first ones and put them on presents ...they were a big hit.

    Hope your Summer is going well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous, gorgeous!! I love them so! Enjoy your wonderful marriage life with your wonderful husband! I'm happy you are back, happy blogging!
    Hope your days are always beautiful!
    Lots of love,
    LS, xoxo
    PS: Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, you made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Koralee! And it is good to be back. I missed you all terribly. So happy to be here again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just lovely - so simple but so effective :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very elegant. I just love each one.
    Thanks for stopping by to ready my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful and the wrapping is so lovely, you've gone to so much effort I'm sure they will be a well received gift. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for you lovely comment over at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm glad you liked the crochet hook. You should make one they are so easy to make!
    We toured the Rockies 3 years ago, as it was my most wanted place in the world to go and what a place it was! I have never seen scenery like it. Stepping out of the back door of the hotel on Lake Louise made me cry! Amazing, just amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very, very lovely!
    Thank you for visiting my blog- it's always fabulous to have a new reader!
    I enjoyed crocheting the little Korknisse, although as you can see, they were rather naughty!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What pretty joy you have created here! I love them, it must have looked perfect.

    Thank you for your sweet comment on creJJtion!

    And have a wonderful weekend,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings