Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quiet Pursuits




 I have found that "those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer" have not yet materialized for me. Each day seems to bring a new busyness to it. Yet, I find somehow that I don't mind too much. As long as I get a chance to start the day off with some quiet time and a cuppa joe.


While I may not be able to indulge in full-blown laziness, I have been able to find bits and pieces of leisure time sprinkled throughout each day that quite suit my fancy. Yarn and hook are never far from my side.


Neither is Miss Lucy Cat. It would seem this little miss has been enjoying the stolen bits of summer just as much as I have. She is quite childlike being noticeably more amiable when her mommy is home. Lucy follows me around each day and is always eager to greet me at the back door whenever I come home from errands and visiting. The patter of her sweet paws are one of the many simple joys of my life just now. 

What simple joys are you enjoying during this sweet season?

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you are creating something beautiful. Love the colors. How sweet is Miss Lucy! My simple joys will be creating, and treasure hunting this summer! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and how I love my dishclothes! I swear they clean my kids messy messes up so much better! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Do you have instagram??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Miss Lucy is all tangled up in something fun you are creating.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same, my friend, still too busy even though I'm trying not to post this week (just visiting). That cup looks divine, especially the colors. LOVE.
    Enjoy your day.
    Much love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your gorgeous furry girl! Isn't she beautiful. I too love being greeted by my cat Bella. She even knocks on the door if I am in the bathroom because she just wants to keep me company! It's really cold here at the moment so anytime I sit down, she jumps up for a cuddle, and in turn my legs get to be warmed up by her not-so-small body!!

    Have a fabulous week hon,
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am new to your blog but I have greatly enjoyed scrolling through your photos and reading your words. I have been a follower of your Pinterest boards for awhile and I am looking forward to hanging around here more often!

    I am your newest follower!
    Bronwyn @ Queen B Creative Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your Lucy. My Lucie (French spelling...where she was born) tends to follow me around all day too. I bet your Lucy doesn't talk as much :) I can barely stand how cute that, cup, spoon and coaster are! Adorable.

    What simple joys am I enjoying?
    Both kids are in camp all day and I have the summer off. I am calmer with them, more relaxed and not in a hurry. It's a beautiful thing. I need to work on setting aside one day that I just enjoy my time alone and not clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, your cat is such a beauty. I´ve just fallen in love with her! I can´t wait to have a cat again. My simple joy at the moment is my granny blanket, I have just finished it and sit here looking at it and being happy.
    Have a wonderful day! And thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me so nice words, this means a lot to me! xxxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very comforting to have a (four-legged) friend follow you around for company, don't you think?
    Except that I had to chase mine down the garden this morning, in my dressing gown and slippers, before she made a bee line for the street.

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live the same way....or try to anyway. Finding some time, however small, during the day to pursue my creative endeavors. It is difficult sometimes to find the time! I am always amazed at how busy the days are...whether working or not.

    Have a good week!

    Laura Xo

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings