Saturday, July 21, 2012

Loveliness



Today, my heart is happy and gratitude is bubbling up inside of me. Watching this beautiful nature video compounded these feelings seven-fold. Makes me so thankful to have a Creator who orchestrates the wonderful and mysterious movements of life on earth. 



Another bit of loveliness came to me today via Shari of Shari's Crochet Handmade Gifts. I am so honored to have received this award. Shari's blog is a real treasure, so do make sure you go and check her marvelous crochet out sometime soon. 

Seven random bits of me:

1 -  I get fresh socks when I go to bed as I cannot abide the thought of wearing the same pair of socks that I've traipsed around in all day to bed. I think I may be a smidge OCD.

2 - I am a big sap. I cry not just for sad movies, but especially sweet and happy ones. The occasional commercial has been known to get me misty-eyed as well.

3 - I wish that the fashions of the forties and fifties were in full swing today so that I could wear those beautiful cinched waist dresses with the tea length poofy skirts like Debbie Reynolds in Tammy and the Bachelor. Style then was so elegant and chic!

4 - I am terribly allergic to horses among many other things, but horses are the all out worst which saddens me as I always used to love petting the neighbor's horses. Their muzzles are the sweetest kind of warm softness. 

5 - Wreckless driving makes me very mad, very fast. I probably honk my horn at stupid drivers far more than is wise to do. I'm currently working to curb this bad habit.

6 - If I ever became filthy rich, I would go to the spa at least once a week for a massage and pedicure. 

7 - Before I taught myself to crochet when I was 11, I had been nutty for cross stitch. I still consider the BHG Cross Stitch compendium I have to be one of the best cross stitch books ever.

Now, to nominate some bloggers I admire. Here they are in random order. If any of you lovely ladies do not participate, I totally understand, but know I thought of you as having one lovely blog! ;-) 










Wishing a lovely day to all you wonderful folks!


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Well deserved!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big sap, too -- and have my name thanks that Debbie Reynolds movie. :) I honk ... a lot. Driving in this country is crazy! There's no driver's education here, and I am still trying to follow the rules that I was taught when I was 15 years. :/ Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when bloggers do those lists because I enjoy the chance to get to know them better! I especially love #3, I completely agree! Everything was so pretty back then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, and how fun to hear your random bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award, I'm so chuffed, will def have to do a post as I received a lovely sunshine award some weeks back & totally forgot to post on it, I'm so absent minded at times.
    Blessings Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am completely with you on no. 3! I wish the fashion would miraculously turn back to those times!
    P.S. Thank you for the lovely nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! #1--I can't go to bed until I wash my feet. #6--me too, and also a cleaning lady! Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, if I were rich I would be a regular at a day spa. In fact, I wouldnt even have to be fully rich, I think semi-rich would do it...

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats hon - well deserved! I love your post - it's always fun reading random bits of info!! And I am totally with you regarding vintage fashion - I'm sure I was supposed to be born in the 40s or 50s!! Love it.

    Have a fab week,
    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to get to know you a little bit better. I don't like wrecklace drivers either, as my son is still new to driving. I'm happy for you that you got this award. We also received this honor earlier. Don't you just love our bloggy friends?
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings