Thursday, March 14, 2013

Vintage Sheets & Apple Baskets



A couple Saturdays ago, I got brave and took my pink pinking shears to a vintage flat sheet...

... in order to line two apple baskets! It was absolutely cut and go not measuring just eyeballing the whole way. I made sure there was enough drape over the sides that when I piled yarn and fabric into them, the lining stayed without having to be sewn. As soon as it draped in a pleasing manner, out came the shears and I pinked my way around not stopping until I was back where I started. Not the neatest job in the world, but it worked for me. Quick and easy and cute!

What do you like to do with your vintage sheets?

8 comments:

  1. That looks really cute! You are so creative!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a nice idea. Put a little ribbon around the edge - no one will ever know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a super idea to make use of old sheets! Such a lot of fabric - and usually so pretty too! We always put our in the 'dust sheets' box, in the cellar, to use on the floor when we're decorating. But using them for crafty projects is a MUCH better plan! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice way to make a plain basket so very pretty. I have a basket like that but unfortunately put it outside on the balcony for plants so it's kinda grimy now. Have a great weekend! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used old sheets to line toy crates back in my babysitting days ... but added an elastic casing to keep them in place. Old sheets are so handy for lots of projects - how pretty your apple baskets look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vintage sheet is so pretty and feminine. What a great way to dress up your basket! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An adorable and sweet idea!! Love it!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! Something like this would look so cute over my chalk paint apple baskets!

    ReplyDelete

It was lovely to hear from you today, Friend. Come back and visit again soon.
blessings